So you think you know Academy Award history, eh? Well, try this Oscar trivia quiz on and see if you really, really know Oscar!
1. Which film received the most Academy Award nominations without winning any Oscars?
2. Which individual has been nominated for the most Academy Awards without ever winning the Oscar?
3. Hattie McDaniel was the first African American performer to be nominated for the Oscar. Who was the second?
4. Who was the first Latino performer to win an Oscar?
5. Who was the first Asian performer to win an Oscar?
6. Who was the first American Indian performer to win an Oscar?
7. Which person received an Oscar nomination for their one and only film performance?
8. Who is the only person to receive two Oscar nominations for the same performance?
9. Which supporting category performance won an Oscar for the least amount of screen time?
10. Which leading category performance won an Oscar for the least amount of screen time?
11. Who is the only Oscar winning performer to be murdered?
12. Who is the only person to win the Oscar as a write-in vote?
13. How many Marx Brothers films received Oscar nominations?
14. How many Pulitzer Prize-winning plays have been turned into Best Picture Oscar-winning films?
15. How many Holocaust-related documentaries have won the Best Documentary Oscar?
16. How many documentaries have won Oscars in other categories beyond the Best Documentary category?
17. Which was the only film to have an Oscar nomination put forth without the name of the nominee attached to the achievement?
18. Which was the only film to receive a Best Song Oscar nomination despite the fact the song was not part of the film’s score?
19. Which was the first song from a non-musical picture to win Oscar for Best Song?
20. Which country is barred from submitting a film for consideration in the Best Foreign-Language Film category?